Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery
The Chiddingfold Surgery appeal group was launched in 1999. In 2010, the charity was renamed The Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery (FCS).
The friends provide equipment that benefits patients directly and would not be provided by the NHS. They focus on enabling tests to be conducted locally, saving patients travelling to local hospitals.
The friends raise funds to:
- Maintain and calibrate the equipment they have purchased
- Replace old equipment as it ceases to function
- Provide new equipment as technology and new needs arise
Recent examples of purchases include:
- A state-of-the art machine to test whether the patient has a bacterial infection, which can be treated by antibiotics, or a viral infection, which can’t
- Two defibrillators – one each for the Chiddingfold and Dunsfold Surgeries
- A vaccine carrier to enable flu jabs to continue to be given at the Dunsfold Surgery
For more information about The Friends of Chiddingfold Surgery, you can visit their website: www.friendsofchiddsurgery.org