Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Patients will be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Surgeries and clinics will normally start on time, but please appreciate that delays are sometimes unavoidable.
- Patients will be offered an appointment for the same day for an urgent problem that cannot wait, if you wish to see a specific doctor this may take longer.
- Requests for home visits are for patients who, if for reason of ill health, cannot come into the surgery.
- Routine referral letters to consultants acceptable to you will be dispatched, or ready for collection, within one week of the referral having been agreed with the doctor.
- Premises and facilities will be kept clean, comfortable, safe and easily accessible to all patients.
- The instruments and equipment we use are regularly serviced and, where appropriate calibrated to ensure accuracy.
- We welcome comments and suggestions concerning the practice and are happy to discuss these with you. If you have any complaints about the practice you should contact the practice manager. These will be investigated and dealt with promptly.
- To treat doctors and staff with courtesy and respect at all times.
- To attend all your appointments on time and to notify us of appointments you are unable to keep as soon as possible.
- To request home visits only if the patient is too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery. All visits should be requested before 10:30.
- To use the out of hours service in an emergency only.
- To submit your repeat prescription requests in writing, giving us a minimum of two working days notice.
- To let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.